A locomotive pioneer, CMI Locos Diesel offers a wide range of new shunting locomotives. They are particularly well suited to pulling heavy trains on industrial sites. They also perfectly meet the needs of railway and urban transport operators. CMI Locos Diesel also provides shunting locomotive maintenance and modernisation services.
Furthermore, as original manufacturer of Cockerill Diesel engines, CMI Locos Diesel provides all the After Sale services (maintenance, appraisals, technical advice, training) and supplies all Cockerill Diesel engine spares.
Thousands of shunting locomotives and Cockerill Diesel engines designed by CMI are currently in operation in the four corners of the world. They are used by industrial clients active in steelmaking, chemical, cement, paper, etc. CMI locomotives are approved by a number of railways including the SNCB (Belgium), the SNCF (France) and the CFL (Luxembourg).
CMI Locos Diesel means:
- Over 175 years' experience in the rail traction field;
- A guarantee of quality, robust and environmentally friendly equipment and of the UIC, AAR, CEI, EN standards;
- The opportunity to modernise and renovate old locomotives;
- A wide range of services: from locomotive lease to maintenance, through the supply of spares, 24/7 response and a highly qualified after sale service.
- The world's only official distributor of Cockerill Diesel engine spares.
CMI Locos Diesel is based in Seraing (Liege region, Belgium). Its business goes back to 1835, when the first steam locomotive rolled out of John Cockerill's workshops.